Wednesday 23 February 2011

Just what the doctor ordered.

It strikes me how often people take for granted everyday items they wear such as their glasses or their watches, and so I was recently inspired to create a review for my watch.




I saw this watch in the mens' watches cabinet of a certain store, but by the time (no pun intended) I'd realised it was for men, it was too late (sorry!) as I was already determined to make it mine.

It comes in a silver cardboard box, which contains a silver (leather?) pouch and the watch is inside, wrapped around a velvet).

I worried about how it would look and fit on the wrist of a petite female, but after getting a couple of extra holes punched into the buttery-soft but reassuringly sturdy leather strap, it was snug and secure and taking pride of place on my wrist. I've added a photo to the gallery here so you can see what it looks like on a smaller (and/or female) wrist.

I couldn't be without this watch now. I've had it for a year and the battery is still going strong. It's perfect as I am allowed to wear it for work and yet it also goes with everything else I wear it with because of the multitude of colours on its face. It's a slightly unusual shape and definitely a unique design; I've had a LOT of compliments on it and never seen anyone else wearing one.

It's also a nod (at least I interpreted it as being one) towards the BBC Test Cards you'd sometimes see on screen where there's a little girl and a toy clown and a blackboard with noughts and crosses on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment