Tuesday 24 April 2012

Shred hot!

A shredder is one of those items you tend to want, but then be put off buying because there's always something more exciting. However, as a victim of identity theft, I had more incentive to get myself sorted with a shredder to prevent it happening again. I've so far shredded letters, leaflets, envelopes and magazines (torn into manageable chunks) with impressive results. There is no way anyone could piece the resulting confetti back together. If you have any small pets, it would make great bedding for them, or could be used to make fantastic papier mache should you have children with school projects to complete. I think I'll be composting my shreddings (is that a word? It is now). It is the only shredder I have used, so I have nothing to compare it with, but I am thoroughly impressed. I found it really heavy to lift but this is also reassuring because it's sturdy and of great quality. I was also worried the bin would spill everywhere once removed from the main unit for emptying but this was unfounded as there was no mess. I would say that this shredder is worth the money as it means I have no concerns about identity theft whatsoever, and this is something I can't put a price on.

No comments:

Post a Comment