Monday 28 May 2012

More than just lip service.

Although you may (as I did) baulk slightly at the price of this lipstick, you do get what you pay for. A little goes a long way with this lipstick and it certainly has staying power; I didn't need to touch it up at all throughout the evening although as I carried it with me in my handbag, I was impressed by the design of the casing for this particular line of Chanel lipsticks because rather than the usual ones where you run the risk of accidentally twisting the lipstick and mushing it up against the inside of the lid (I speak from unfortunate experience here), you simply push the bottom (the gold bit) of the lipstick casing and then pull it out when it clicks. You then twist the inner tube up and down as required for applying the makeup. The colour itself isn't as pink as the picture here would have you believe. I have uploaded a photograph to the gallery on this page so you can see for yourself. It's a nude brown with a hint of pink. It did still suit my pale complexion and blonde hair. It's a nice shade and a natural look but with a thicker coverage than some sheerer lipsticks on the market. If you want to make it more sheer, I recommend a coat of a natural gloss on top. My personal preference is and also because there is no moisturising element, I use a layer of lipbalm underneath. I use Soin Tendre Levres by Chanel but it's not currently available for sale on this site. Another word of warning with this particular shade of lipstick is that it really shows the colour of your teeth (I intend to whiten them poste haste as a result).

No comments:

Post a Comment